Carsforsale - They Host Thousands of Fradulent ads.

Update added by user Jun 21

I filed a formal complaint with the South Dakota Attorney Generals office for fraud being committed and allowed on their website.

Original review posted by user Jun 20

I found a car that I was looking for on their site.I did the inquiry bit as requested by them.

Next I was in contact with a dealer who supposedly owned the car. After many e-mails and phone conversations with this dealer I agreed to purchase the vehicle. I was sent the purchase agreement, then a purchase invoice, and shipping info. Next I received info on making a wire transfer to the dealers account tied to the business listed.

After wiring the funds I found out the dealership was a fraud. A wire is immediate and final so I lost $23,500.00 due to finding a car on their site. I e-mailed their office and even spoke to Nick and Amy who are in charge of screening the ads. Their response was that they cant police every ad that gets submitted.

The kicker was the next weekend the same car I supposedly purchased was listed again for the same price by the sane dealer.

That was a slap in the face to say the least.I e-mailed them again about that car the next weekend, I received no response.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Dont care that fraud is commited through their website
    • False advertising
    • Online fraud not investigated enough

Reason of review:
Fraudelant ads
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
1966 Gto Convertible
Review category
review #868789 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Carsforsale? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Carsforsale. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Carsforsale.
Filing a new complaint about