The other day I filled out a request for information from a specific used car dealer about a used BMW 3 Series I wanted to purchase for my girlfriend.I filled out the the request from Ferman BMW to contact me regarding this car, then to my amazement I received dozens of phone calls from numerous dealers in the Tampa area all trying to sell me a car.
When I inquired how they received my information they told me that I requested info from their website. When I pressed them for more information the dealers on the phone were clueless and kept saying "you requested info". After some digging I found out that Carsforsale takes all leads that come into their website and they sell them out to third party companies and then these leads are sold out to dozens of car dealers. At no time did I give carsforsale permission to sell my information, I only gave them permission to have a specific dealership contact me.
This is wrong and should not be allowed to continue.
Attached is a screenshot of my cellphone showing all the annoying calls that came in.In honesty I do not blame the car dealer, in fact I think they are just as much a victim as the car buyer.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Theft of personal information
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Bmw 3 Series
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This is a cautionary tale and one that anyone seeking to buy a used vehicle from Big Motoring World should take note of and give due consideration to.Having attempted to..."
- "I found a car that I was looking for on their site. I did the inquiry bit as requested by them. Next I was in contact with a dealer who..."
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "I went in to the Fantastic Sams on US 41 in Bradenton, in the Target plaza. I used to go to the salon in Ellenton and recently moved to this..."
- "120 DAY SAME AS CASH. If you pay them like your suppose to you wont have any problems. I needed new tires but didnt have 700 to spend at Tire..."
- "I purchased the case (3 boxes, total of 18 packs) of Kellogg's PopTarts a couple of weeks ago and upon opening the individual packages noticed that the product was wet..."