Tampa, Florida

The other day I filled out a request for information from a specific used car dealer about a used BMW 3 Series I wanted to purchase for my girlfriend.I filled out the the request from Ferman BMW to contact me regarding this car, then to my amazement I received dozens of phone calls from numerous dealers in the Tampa area all trying to sell me a car.

When I inquired how they received my information they told me that I requested info from their website. When I pressed them for more information the dealers on the phone were clueless and kept saying "you requested info". After some digging I found out that Carsforsale takes all leads that come into their website and they sell them out to third party companies and then these leads are sold out to dozens of car dealers. At no time did I give carsforsale permission to sell my information, I only gave them permission to have a specific dealership contact me.

This is wrong and should not be allowed to continue.

Attached is a screenshot of my cellphone showing all the annoying calls that came in.In honesty I do not blame the car dealer, in fact I think they are just as much a victim as the car buyer.

Review about: Carsforsale Website.

Reason of review: Theft of personal information.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Carsforsale?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion