The other day I filled out a request for information from a specific used car dealer about a used BMW 3 Series I wanted to purchase for my girlfriend.I filled out the the request from Ferman BMW to contact me regarding this car, then to my amazement I received dozens of phone calls from numerous dealers in the Tampa area all trying to sell me a car.
When I inquired how they received my information they told me that I requested info from their website. When I pressed them for more information the dealers on the phone were clueless and kept saying "you requested info". After some digging I found out that Carsforsale takes all leads that come into their website and they sell them out to third party companies and then these leads are sold out to dozens of car dealers. At no time did I give carsforsale permission to sell my information, I only gave them permission to have a specific dealership contact me.
This is wrong and should not be allowed to continue.
Attached is a screenshot of my cellphone showing all the annoying calls that came in.In honesty I do not blame the car dealer, in fact I think they are just as much a victim as the car buyer.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Theft of personal information
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Bmw 3 Series
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Nothing like the thrill of buying a new 2015 Coachman Mirada 35 LSF 1f66f5dy6foao4474, What a rotten experience we have been through' It all started with Collier RV in Rockford'..."
- "In 2013 we bought a new 2014 Model Salem destination trailer built by Forest River from Fun-N-Sun in Ludington, Michigan. The first season we had these issues covered by..."
- "Do not buy from Cactus Jacks in Mesa, Az. I bought a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix and didn't even get it home before the problems started. I had..."
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat we were told it was leather, spent well over $3000.00 they are now terrible the leather is peeling off, it started in..."
- "I had the original cover for seven months when the snap edge broke off. I sent it back to outer box with the form and their fee. The new one..."
- "I Purchased a A/C unit from the above website on 8/18/2011. The unit comes with a 2 yr warranty. All goes well for 1.5 yrs. I am very pleased with..."
- "After learning the hard way that my kindergarten son's school has never been able to reach me via telephone, Only a recorded msg that the call can not be completed..."
- "It always interesting how all the review sites show either unhappy customers or happy customers. Come on people, when you process thousands of orders, not all transactions will go..."
- "I purchased a reload it card last week. I received the message that the site needed more time to process my card... Ok, so I waited. Then for..."