Carsforsale.com stole my information

8 of 8 CarsForSale reviews

The other day I filled out a request for information from a specific used car dealer about a used BMW 3 Series I wanted to purchase for my girlfriend.I filled out the the request from Ferman BMW to contact me regarding this car, then to my amazement I received dozens of phone calls from numerous dealers in the Tampa area all trying to sell me a car.

When I inquired how they received my information they told me that I requested info from their website. When I pressed them for more information the dealers on the phone were clueless and kept saying "you requested info". After some digging I found out that Carsforsale takes all leads that come into their website and they sell them out to third party companies and then these leads are sold out to dozens of car dealers. At no time did I give carsforsale permission to sell my information, I only gave them permission to have a specific dealership contact me.

This is wrong and should not be allowed to continue.

Attached is a screenshot of my cellphone showing all the annoying calls that came in.In honesty I do not blame the car dealer, in fact I think they are just as much a victim as the car buyer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Theft of personal information
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Bmw 3 Series
Review category
Dealers
review #597554

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with CarsForSale? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
8 of 8 CarsForSale reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to CarsForSale. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about CarsForSale.
Filing a new complaint about
×